How quaint: the elusive fail whale makes an appearance.
Besides helping pretty much everyone in the world get around since 2004, Google Earth has uncovered concentration and detention camps that North Korea has tried to keep secret for years. According to organizations like One Free Korea and The Committee for Human Rights in North Korea, somewhere in the neighborhood of 200,000 people are being held in these camps.
Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin salutes as NASA Administrator Charles Bolden looks on during a wreath laying ceremony as part of NASA’s Day of Remembrance, Friday, Feb. 1, 2013, at Arlington National Cemetery.
Wreaths were laid in memory of those men and women who lost their lives in the quest for space exploration.
- Omphaloskepsis: meditation while gazing at one’s navel.
- Pickedevant: a Van Dyke beard.
- Malneirophrenia: depression following a nightmare.
- Lissotrichous: having straight hair.
- Junkettaceous: frivolous, worthless.
- Sinciput: the forehead.
- Whigmaleery: a knickknack or a geegaw; a whim.
- Cuggermugger: whispered gossiping.
- Goubemouche: a gullible person (literally, one who swallows flies).
- Kakkorhaphiophobia: fear of failure.
- Nibby-jibby: narrow margin; a close call.
- Anaphalantiasis: the falling out of the eyebrows.
- Quakebuttock: a coward.
- Humdudgeon: an imaginary illness or pain; a loud complaint about nothing.
- Floccinaucinihilipilification: the categorizing of something as worthless trivia.